9/28/19 solar power

These past weeks we’ve been working on solar powered cars. First let me explain how the cars work. The cars work because the solar panels soak up the solar energy. The solar panel powers the motor. Solar powered cars ore better for the environment because it has no emission like gas powered cars.

We also learned that when solar energy eliminates one problem it adds another. The problem is that the factory that make the panels use a bunch of chemicals to make them. So sure they help deplete green house gas but they also exposes the environment to the chemicals they use to make solar panels.

Here are my three questions.

1.  Will we ever discover a solution for saving our planet that won’t add another problem.                   
  2.   Will our planet eventually  become a waist land because of humans. 
  3.   When will the human race die out.
Image result for solar panels cars students built small

3 thoughts on “9/28/19 solar power

1. Great post Lucy! You are the first person (that I know of) that brought up the problem of the bad chemicals used to make the panels. They also can hinder wildilfe migration if they are huge and surrounded by fences.

With smart people like you we will hopefully be adding less problems to the solutions you younger generations come up with.

2. Good job Lucy on explaining everything super well! If i didn’t know what a solar powered car was this would let me know right away. Did you know the Tesla(a energy powered car) is actually bad for our environment i cant really remember why but if remember i will tell you at school. 🙂 😁